Debbie Moser | Reflections | Media Coverage
Philadelphia Daily News | Posted Thursday, January 3
The story above appeared in the Philadelphia Daily News. PDN reporter Dave Davies follows up on Feb. 13 with this story on news that mayor is adding more Advanced Life Support units. “It’s a good, positive first step,” said Brian McBride, president of the firefighters union. “It’s about 25 percent of what we need.” Meaning Philly residents are incrementally safer. A memorial service for Debbie took place Saturday, Feb. 16th. Davies attended the service.
KYW TV stories
Walt Hunter, an investigative reporter with KYW TV, has taken an interest in Debbie as well. Here is a list of his coverage on Philly’s EMS emergency:
- December | Report on slow EMS response times in Philadelphia.
- Jan. 2 | Report on Debbie’s death.
- Jan. 3 | City officials respond to personal tragedy of Debbie’s death.
- Jan. 31 | Results of investigation into Debbie’s death.
- Feb. 11 | City will add five more medic units in part as a result of Debbie’s experience with the service.
- Feb. 12 | Report on Mayor’s press conference.
Other media coverage
- Jan. 15: Dave Davies reports private ambulance may have saved Debbie’s life.
- Jan. 18 ABC News report on the problem that included a reference to Deborah Payne.
- Jan. 22 | Column: Philadelphia EMS woes
- Jan. 28 | Letter to the editor: Private ambulance
- Feb. 10: Yer own private 911? Another Dave Davies story.
- Philadelphia Weekly story that also refers to Deborah Payne.
- A PhillyBlog story on investigation into Debbie’s death and problems with EMS.
- Article in Sunday (2/10) Minneapolis Star Tribune on an EMS success.